Skip to main content

Reason for this Blog

I am creating this blog because several people have suggested that I write up some of the tips and tricks that have helped me in caring for my loved one (LO) who has dementia. The journey isn't over, so I'm sure I will continue to learn and adapt to the changing conditions. My brother is also along for this adventure. We both like problem solving and are good at lateral thinking. It always helps to think, "If this way of doing things isn't working, what else can we try?" Sometimes a problem arises that makes me think I just can't manage anymore, and then we come up with a solution and suddenly things look brighter. I also have help in the form of part-time caregivers who come in for a few hours three days a week. And I have a friend who is in a similar situation that I talk to on the phone every now and then. I follow a few Facebook pages related to caregiving. I could post my ideas there but things get lost in the feed. And maybe you don't want to be on Facebook. If you are on Facebook, here is a group that has been useful for me: Memory People, https://www.facebook.com/groups/180666768616259


Comments